At Frame, R&D team is responsible for developing core platform components - all system components running on a cloud instance (server).
We are working closely with Adobe, Autodesk, Solidworks and Siemens. For such demanding clients, we must support mission critical applications at very large scale, with focus on great performance, security and user experience at scale. We are looking for someone to join the growing team of rock stars who make it all happen.
- Take part in designing, building, and operating core components of Frame Cloud Platform. Some examples are: application hosting, video/audio capture and streaming, local and cloud storage management
- Add support for new cloud and infrastructure providers (Azure, Google Compute, etc.)
- Add new core features to improve experience for users coming from web browsers, Chromebooks, iOS devices
- Come up with novel solutions to fix tricky corner cases that users experience
- Develop techniques to improve streaming reliability and quality on all platforms, including mobile
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected. The position assumes trips to San Mateo, California a few times a year. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately.
What we expect:
- 3 years of experience developing/building backend software
- 2 years of experience developing in C#/.NET
- Good knowledge of Windows OS fundamentals
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- Working experience with C/C++
- Good spoken and written English
Good to know:
- Experience with real time video/audio streaming
- Linux platform development & Linux OS fundamentals
- Previous experience in startup environments