Frame is looking for an experienced engineer with expertise in real-time video streaming. Join our R&D Team and help us build the best remoting experience into Frame.
We’re looking for an engineer to own and lead our efforts to make our streaming platform reliable, adaptive to varying network conditions, and as high quality as possible. A great candidate will be comfortable contributing to both the client and server, will bring knowledge of video codecs and media streaming, and also be happy to learn new things and help improve any part of the system.
- Improving video quality and latency in poor network conditions
- Optimizing the client library to improve streaming performance and reduce latency
- Measuring performance and stream quality at a deep level, and using that as a yardstick against which we measure progress
- Coming up with novel solutions to fix tricky corner cases that users experience
- Developing techniques to improve streaming reliability and quality on all platforms, including mobile
- Communicating with users directly to troubleshoot problems and gain a qualitative sense of user happiness with the product
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected.The position assumes trips to San Mateo, California a few times a year. Solving hard problems requires highly talented people, and we compensate appropriately.
What we expect:
- Previous experience with developing and optimizing real time video streaming systems
- Have worked directly with video (e.g., VP8/H.264), and audio (e.g. AVC), and know how the codecs work, what their limitations are, and how best to utilize them in a real-time system
- Deep knowledge of networking, and real world experience with dealing with the unpredictability and variability of the internet (e.g., packet loss, latency, bandwidth estimation, FEC)
- Have the user in mind with all the work that you do
- Experience with C/C++
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- Are a strong communicator. Explaining complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you
- Experience in startup environments