Frame is the future of enterprise software distribution. It allows users to be productive from anywhere, by letting them run enterprise desktop apps on any device. To make that possible, we’re looking for a video streaming engineer.
- Lead our efforts to make our streaming platform reliable, adaptive to varying network conditions and as high quality as possible.
- Improving video quality and latency in poor network conditions
- Optimizing the client library to improve streaming performance and reduce latency
- Measuring performance and stream quality at a deep level, and using that as a yardstick against which we measure progress
- Coming up with novel solutions to fix tricky corner cases that users experience
- Developing techniques to improve streaming reliability and quality on all platforms, including mobile
- Communicating with users directly to troubleshoot problems and gain a qualitative sense of user happiness with the product
What we expect
- Previous experience with developing and optimizing real time video streaming systems
- Have worked directly with video (e.g., VP8/H.264), and audio (e.g. AVC), and know how the codecs work, what their limitations are, and how best to utilize them in a real-time system
- Deep knowledge of networking, and real world experience with dealing with the unpredictability and variability of the internet (e.g., packet loss, latency, bandwidth estimation, FEC)
- Have the user in mind with all the work that you do
- Experience with C/C++
- Academic background in Computer Science or a related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Someone comfortable contributing to both the client and server, this person will bring knowledge of video codecs and media streaming, and also be happy to learn new things and help improve any part of the system.
Due to time zone difference, some availability after business hours expected.The position assumes trips to San Mateo, California a few times a year.
Good to have
- Previous experience of working in startup environments
What we offer
Solving hard problems requires highly talented people and we compensate appropriately.
We value growth mindset in people and we support them in their personal development/education efforts, one of the way we are doing this is through personal education allowance.
In addition to this we offer private health insurance, fit pass card, parking, flexible working hours, lunch and snacks…
We have openings for this position in both our Nis (downtown Nis) and in our Belgrade offices (Office Park One).